Graphic Designer/Administrator - Manchester
Role: Graphic Designer/Office Administrator
Location: Trafford, Manchester
Package: £16k - £18k Negotiable
Hours: Monday – Friday 8:30 am – 5.00 pm
Square Peg Associates is working closely with one of the UK’s biggest, privately owned designers, importers and distributors of clothing and accessories within the fashion industry.
Due to expansion, our client is now recruiting for a Graphic Designer who is confident, proactive and energetic to become a pivotal part of their vibrant team based at the head office in Manchester. A key element of this role would be to carry out administrative duties within the office as and when required.
The role would be varied with a 60/40 split Graphic Design/Administration. You would be involved in the conception and design of packaging, branding, logos and exhibition stands though be happy to support with general administrative tasks. You must fit in with the fantastic workplace culture the client has set in place “work hard, socialise, play hard”. They have a great friendly family office culture full of enthusiastic hard working team members.
It will provide the opportunity for someone to learn a variety of key skills that are essential to the smooth operation of the business while helping to drive brand recognition and deliver campaigns for some of the UK’s most popular and well-known brands.
• Concept and create print and digital projects including brochures, branding, logos, reports and websites
• Support both internal and external creative teams
• Work with colleagues to ensure campaigns are reflective of the client’s requirements, wants and needs
• Demonstrate speed, efficiency and progressive design, while remaining organised and communicative
• Typing, Filing, and Diary management
• Answering telephones providing information to callers and take messages.
• Providing ad hoc support to all departments depending on current projects.
Qualification / Experience:
• Previous experience working within a similar role is extremely advantageous
• Ideally have a foundation degree, HND or degree in graphic design
• Also, you'll need a portfolio of work to demonstrate your creativity
• Demonstrate an understanding of typesetting text and typography skills
• Organizational and planning skills
• Time Management
• Communication Proficiency
• Business Acumen
• Oral and written communication skills
• Attention to detail
• Problem assessment
• Proficient in Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator
• Wordpress development
Should you wish to apply for the above role please don’t hesitate to contact Aaron at Square Peg Associates or apply by sending an up to date CV.